Skip to content

Barag Seminary

Baraga’s Seminary was built between 1936 and 1941. The building stands in the area of the former Ljubljana cemetery, called St. Christopher’s. The four-storey semicircular building is modelled on the Roman Colosseum and Castle of the Holy Angel, although the second semicircle, envisioned in Plečnik’s plan and which would have completed a full circle, was never built. The building hides an interesting courtyard. In 1956, architect Anton Bitenc rearranged the central part of the building for the needs of the Festival Hall.

Project information

Location of the project:
Vilharjeva cesta 11, Ljubljana
Year of completion:
2022
Area:
11000 m2
Investor:
Mestna občina Ljubljana

Team

Main architect / Office:
Jože Plečnik
Photography:
Viktorija Potočnik, Dnevnik, Ira Zorko

Jože Plečnik – references

Cultural projects

Cultural projects